Business and Corporate Law
Totman Law's Business Law Practice: Your Outside In-House Counsel
Success in business is built on dedication, insightful planning and relationships. Totman Law approaches business law in the same manner. Through dedicated service, insightful and forward-thinking legal planning, and highly engaged and meaningful attorney-client relationships, Totman Law is able to provide more than just a transaction for its clients.
The exact business law needs will vary with the business. But no matter than business size, type or industry, Totman Law's extensive substantive expertise, proactive attorney-client relationship, and flat-fee approach utilizes an "outside in-house counsel" approach to business law that makes its business law practice the right fit for North Carolina businesses of all types, sizes and industries.
Some of the business law services offered by Totman Law include:
- General Business Law Representation;
- Business Purchases, Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions;
- LLC and Corporate Formations and Governance;
- Start-Up Representation;
- Non-profit entity representation, including formation and 501(c) applications;
- Commercial Transactions;
- Contract Drafting, Negotiations and Representation;
- Commercial Lease Representation;
- Trademark Applications and Assistance;
- Franchise Representation;
- Employment Agreements, Policies and other Matters;
- Shareholder and Interest Owner Dispute Resolution;
- Business Owner Dissolution Representation; and
- Additional Representation for your particular needs.
Industries represented include:
- Healthcare, including Medical, Dental and Veterinary;
- Software and Tech.;
- Textiles, Engineering and Surveying;
- Personal Services;
- Sales and Consulting;
- Marketing and Advertising;
- Accounting and Financial Services;
- Legal Services and Law Firms;
- Fitness, Massage Therapy, Nutrition and Personal Health;
- Human Resources and Customer Service;
- Real Estate;
- Restaurants and Bars;
- Educational Services; and
Contact us today to learn more.
What are Mergers and Acquisitions?
What are Mergers and Acquisitions and what should you know about these transactions? What is “M&A”? The term “Mergers and Acquisitions” is broad and encompasses a myriad of transactions and deal structures, including private sales to outside purchasers (e.g. new owner/operator or equity group), internal transitions to key employees or shareholders, the merger of two or more businesses,…
PODCAST: Blueprint to Associate Agreements
Student Entrepreneurs in Dentistry Podcast Series: Blueprint to Associate Agreements I recently had the opportunity to participate in a podcast hosted by the Student Entrepreneurs in Dentistry of UNC School of Dentistry at Chapel Hill, led by Mr. Christian Hart. The podcast focused on two topics. The first was associate agreements, particularly that first agreement after…
Key Terms for the Business Purchase and Sale Letter of Intent
Typical Terms in a Letter of Intent There are numerous stages in any business purchase and sale transaction. It is a complex and time-consuming process. One of the earliest steps in the transaction process is establishing the fundamental terms of the deal. The typical method of doing so is through the letter of intent or…
MEET DOMINIC TOTMAN
As Founder and Attorney of Totman Law, my primary goal is to offer and provide these services through engaged and communicative representation and proactive insight and legal planning.